Sunday, July 22, 2012

Done!

That word sums up the status of Mina's quilt and how I'm feeling right now about being pregnant.  It is really uncomfortable and I haven't even gained an excessive amount of weight.  I have NO idea how women do it who gain over 50 lbs with their pregnancies.  It just seems crazy.

Anywho.  Here are some pictures of the quilt as it neared completion.
Sandwiching the batting between the pieced top and the backing
Stitching the binding
Hand quilting the squares

DONE!
James and I also cleared out some space in our spare room/office.  I boxed up the books from the book shelf and then James helped me load those up with baby supplies.
We still need to move the boxes off of the couch and store them somewhere else but I figure progress is progress.  My parents brought the crib up on Friday but after thinking about it, we're going to wait to put it together until we really need it.  They also brought up a bassinet.  I took it apart and washed the fabric covers.  It should be a good place for Mina to sleep once she comes.  Speaking of which, I am going to be 37 weeks along on WEDNESDAY!  That is so crazy!  Where has the time gone?  Seriously?

If Mina takes after me, she could come after Wednesday.

Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment