Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stupid maternity clothes

I went maternity shopping this week with James. He is a saint to even volunteer because I am not that much fun when I am shopping.  I came to the sad conclusion this past Sunday that my church clothes are quickly becoming too small. As of now I have two stretchy dresses and one shirt dress that will still fit. This is a far cry from the usual amount, especially when you factor in skirts (none of those have fit since January.)  We went all over town and tried to find either a skirt or a dress so I could have some more options.  We didn't find anything. I was so frustrated. (Part of this frustration was also due to the fact that my shoes had rubbed a few of my toes raw.  I need to get some of those little socks that hide in flats. Anyway...)

We went home and I started looking on-line for any deals I could find.  I finally got some luck on the Gap's website. They had a few skirts on sale including a gray pencil skirt with a stretchy waistband.  I figure that the bottom of the skirt looks like one I would wear anyway and my style hasn't changed now that I'm pregnant. I ordered it Monday evening and on a beautiful Thursday afternoon (today) it arrived! I little ironing later and I am very excited to wear it to church on Sunday.

Next time we're south I'll hit up Forever 21, Old Navy and Target.  I don't know how fast my stomach will grow, I'm still in my pre-pregnancy jeans at 18 weeks so we'll see. Granted, they were purchased this past summer. If I bought them the summer before they wouldn't fit now, not even close.

20 days until our ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment