Saturday, March 24, 2012

Adventures and stuff

A whole week has passed since James's last Spring Break. The weather was nice and we had some visitors: his sister, Candice, and her family. Hutch had Spring Break that week as well so we all spent the day together.

We flew a PIRATE SHIP kite:


Granted, it took a while to get it in the air. The wind and the kite construction sort of conspired against us. We put it together incorrectly and then the wind died down once we fixed the kite.

This past week I took a solo trip to K Town because James needed to work in the lab on his project.  I needed a haircut (it had been six MONTHS) and I really like my Kaysville hairdresser.  The other reasons are this kid:
and this kid:

We celebrated his first birthday, a little early, but when they live far away you take what you can get. Parker was so funny when he was eating his cake. He just played with the frosting and then he stuck his face in and licked.  SO CUTE!

I headed back home the next day and the weather was glorious.  72 degrees at 4:00 in the afternoon? Wonderful.

My quest for maternity clothes has continued. James and I found a cute pair of jeans at Old Navy that I am going to alter into maternity jeans. They are really comfortable!  I just need to remember to bring my sewing machine home.  (It's okay, right, Mom? You are finished with it?)  I have continued to be frustrated with maternity tops.  Some of my regular shirts are fine but I don't know how much longer that will be the case.   I found some really cute tops and of course they are expensive. Here is one:
$178.00!!!!
 And another:
$62.50
 And another:
$49.99
I guess I could make them. It'll be nice to have a few projects to work on while James is at school.

1 comment:

  1. I got most of my maternity tops at either target on sale or at the DI. Most of the ones I saw at the DI didn't even look like they had been worn and one even still had the original tags on it so you could try there.

    ReplyDelete