Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thoughts on family

We had my Grandpa's funeral this past Saturday, almost two weeks after he was admitted to the hospital.  It was a blessing that he was in the hospital for a week with good days and bad days because it gave a chance to say good bye and come to terms with his passing.  I talked to him the Thursday before he died, his last good day, and even though the conversation wasn't totally clear, it was good to hear his voice.  James and I spent Sunday afternoon at the hospital with my Grandma and Steve.  Jordan, Lindsey and Lauren were there too.  As well as Kevin, Heather and Abby; my grandparent's neighbors.  I'm glad we were able to spend time there. I don't think anyone really regrets spending time with family during those times.

His passing made me think a lot about eternal families and how grateful I am to be a part of one.  It eases the sting of separation, reminds you that it isn't a termination, just a separation.  At the funeral my great uncle Joe related the experience of his brother leaving after getting married.  He was just going on a greater adventure and he would see him again.  I am so grateful for the gospel and our knowledge of the plan of salvation.  I know I will see my Grandpa again.
1985,  with a newborn Hilary
Sitting with Grandpa in front of their house

December 7, 2011

December 7, 2011
Tomorrow I'll be 16 weeks along.  My next appointment is in a week.  I really want to know what our little baby will be!


No comments:

Post a Comment