Saturday, March 9, 2013

Life with Mina (LOTS of pictures!)

Sometimes it is hard to believe that Mina is almost seven months old. She is such a challenging joy and I have learned so much as I take care of her. Our days are usually filled with reading books, eating, sleeping, jumping (LOTS of jumping!) and other kinds of play.  This week we rode the Frontrunner twice, I painted our toe nails and I made Mina's Easter dress. It was a really nice week!


Mina is making progress to standing up in her crib.  Luckily she is a ways away because she can't pull herself into a sitting position. Yet.
Giving it a try!

We got out and enjoyed the sunshine on a short walk.



I painted our toenails and then promptly covered them with sock because it's cold.

Mina has started to wear 6 month onesies, they fit so well in the sleeve.  Not so much in the body.

Mina on the train, she loved looking at all the people!

I was making our bed and I set Mina on the ground, surrounded by pillows.  Then this happened:

She slid under the pillows until all I could see was her little eye!  She was fine.  I promise.
Some sketchy ideas for Mina's Easter dress and cardigan. Mina took a long nap this week and I was able to get a really good start on her dress.
Stitching the bodice
An Instagram-ified picture of her almost finished dress.  We had a fitting earlier, I had some issues with the sleeves and the shoulders and the skirt.  It looked a little like a Seventies Pioneer baby!  NOT the look I was going for!


We established that skirt was too long and needed a grow tuck or two.  I love her little dress!
I love taking pictures of us in the bathroom mirror, Mina LOVES looking at herself!  This is also a good documentation that I really do put some effort into my appearance sometimes.

We were wishing for warm weather, Mina has some really cute outfits! The ruffled shorts are ridiculously cute!

And one last picture, Mina stuck both of her legs through the slats.  She thought it was really funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment