Thursday, August 9, 2012

Yikes!

It's funny how fast time flies by.  

I was looking at my baby app on my phone and realized that I was not only down to the single digits but less than a week from my due date.  I realize that a due date isn't a definite thing, some babies are early, some are late and some need more help coming than others.  I was 3 weeks early and James came right on his due date.  I was really hoping Mina would split the difference but we're kind of past the 1 1/2 weeks early mark.
I'm going in for another appointment tomorrow to check on my progress.  I'm glad that I have been making progress, every week I'm a little more dilated and a little more effaced.  It seems like not much is happening but progress is progress.  

James got his paperwork this week and he is a full time employee/engineer in training with Kleinfelder.  It is such a relief that he has a job with benefits AND that he is getting closer to finishing up his Masters degree.  He finished up the experiments and now he is compiling the data in a power point to show his committee.  They'll give him feedback and he'll use it to finish his thesis.  It seems so surreal that things are happening so fast and so close together.  I swear it was just yesterday that I was working at the bank, looking over my acceptance letter from Utah State and trying to convince myself that I COULD earn a masters degree.  Fast forward almost four years and I'm done with my degree, married and pregnant!  Times have changed!

I woke up this morning with an intense desire to clean the whole house, I got part way through and James helped me finish.  Its harder to clean the floors when you're 39 weeks pregnant. I feel ready for Mina to come, the only question is, will she?  I'll keep you updated....

No comments:

Post a Comment